Your behavior appears to be a little unusual. Please verify that you are not a bot.

TAG: Karl Warnke

People on the Move: Davey CEO to retire; more from TOCA, Project EverGreen, TPI, NJLCA, United Turf Alliance, SipcamRotam

May 10, 2017By

Karl Warnke, chairman and CEO of The Davey Tree Expert Co., plans to retire as CEO on July 21 after 37 years of service with the company. Patrick Covey, current president and COO, will assume the CEO role upon Warnke’s retirement. Warnke will continue serving the company as chairman. Under Warnke’s leadership, the company’s annual revenue grew from $308 million in 1999 to a forecasted... read more

Davey to pay employees’ college tuitions

December 16, 2015By

Employees of Davey Tree Expert Co. looking to continue their education now have some help. The Davey Foundation launched a scholarship that will pay 80 percent of an employee’s tuition to Kent State University’s online environmental management program. Employees who stick with Davey for two years after graduating qualify for reimbursement of the remaining 20 percent from the Davey Foundation.... read more

Davey named 15th largest employee-owned company

August 10, 2015By

The Davey Tree Expert Co. is the 15th largest employee-owned company in the United States, according to the National Center for Employee Ownership’s (NCEO) 2015 Employee Ownership 100 list. The list also names Davey as the largest employee-owned company in Ohio. Davey, which has been employee-owned since 1979, employs more than 8,000 people. In 2014, it ranked No. 17 on... read more

Davey promotes Dan Joy to executive VP

September 4, 2014By

The Davey Tree Expert Co. promoted Dan Joy to executive vice president and general manager of commercial landscape services, broadening his role to oversee Davey’s operations support group. The group includes safety, equipment, purchasing and the recruiting and development functions. Joy has more than 38 years of experience in the Green Industry. He has worked in multiple areas of Davey,... read more

NCEO dubs Davey largest ESOP service firm in the U.S.

June 17, 2014By

The Davey Tree Expert Co. is the largest employee-owned service firm in the U.S., according to data from the National Center for Employee Ownership (NCEO). The NCEO’s 2014 Employee Ownership 100 list includes the nation’s largest companies that are at least 50 percent owned by an employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) or other broad-based employee ownership plan. Davey, which employs 7,800... read more

Davey promotes Patrick Covey to president, COO

April 16, 2014By

  The Davey Tree Expert Co. promoted Patrick Covey to president and COO of U.S. operations. Additionally, Covey was nominated by Davey’s board of directors to fill a three-year position on the board, subject to approval by the shareholders at the annual meeting in mid-May. Karl Warnke, Davey’s chairman, president and CEO, said Covey has demonstrated key leadership qualities, sound... read more